saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2012-11-07 12:21:41

Chairman Meow
Supporter
User Number: 5123

anyones around Denver?

Here for a week for work, wondering what there is to do.  I know there's breweries... : >

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#2 2012-11-07 13:26:57

hyperboarder
WhosaChris?
Supporter
User Number: 2114
Website

Re: anyones around Denver?

Spoke too soon. Good breweries up in Fort Collins. Skiing is open in a few places too.

#3 2012-11-07 13:54:45

n_r_child
MFIC
Supporter
User Number: 215

Jeebus is that a broad question. Where in Denver are you, and what dates are you here?

I'd start with the http://www.westword.com and the Denver Post for current events, www.yelp.com for lists of places near you.

Very broadly, areas with decent mix of life / food / drink: the Highlands, LoDo, Colfax near any of the theaters, Broadway and 1st as well as points south (Baker neighborhood). RiNo is starting to pick up, too.

Music venues: the Ogden, Bluebird, Gothic, Walnut Room

Cool movie theaters: the Mayan

Lots of beer: Falling Rock, Euclid Hall, Freshcraft, Cheeky Monk, Amatos AleHouse (all in/near lower downtown, aka LoDo, except the Monk, which is at Colfax and Pearl as well as a few locations in burbs), RackHouse.

Cool restaurants: Linger, Lala's, Lola and Vita, the Kitchen, Root Down, Le Central, Gumbo's, Vine St Pub, Gary Lee's, El Diablo

Kitsch: Casa Bonita (haven't been, yet, but it is well known Denver tourist trap)

Running around / hiking: Red Rocks

Great drinks: Williams and Graham

More beer: Strange Brewing, Vine Street Pub, Dry Dock Brewing, Great Divide (all favorites of mine); Prost Brewing, and about a million others.

Liquor stores: The Argonaut

le sigh

#4 2012-11-07 20:00:06

Chairman Meow
Supporter

i'm in lodo right now : )

I been to the brewery, i gotta check out great divide though, i hear that's great.   

What can I do around LoDo/downtown within walking distance?

#5 2012-11-07 20:11:23

Chairman Meow
Supporter

hyperboarder wrote:

Spoke too soon. Good breweries up in Fort Collins. Skiing is open in a few places too.

ha, yea, I thought I'd try OT first, as sometimes region forums are dead, the tristate/new england one is pretty dead...

#6 2012-11-08 19:42:13

Chairman Meow
Supporter

3001 wrote:

I been to the brewery, i gotta check out great divide though, i hear that's great.   

ha i'm an idiot didn't see the "most around lower downtown area" lol.

Thanks for the replies.  I am really looking for wild game, I'm thinking abou checking out buckhorn tonight, but not sure, heard it wasn't that great ?

#7 2012-11-08 20:24:29

n_r_child
MFIC
Supporter
User Number: 215

3001 wrote:

3001 wrote:

ha i'm an idiot didn't see the "most around lower downtown area" lol.

Thanks for the replies.  I am really looking for wild game, I'm thinking abou checking out buckhorn tonight, but not sure, heard it wasn't that great ?

Buckhorn is really pricey. I went with friends, not realizing how pricey ($40/plate, starting). We ended up splitting 3 appetizers and were not impressed. I'm not sure what other places would have wild game- Root Down has very seasonal menu, but they would probably experiment with it. Same with TAG.

le sigh

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.