saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2012-06-25 14:29:25

racerjim
Headroom is overrated...
Supporter
User Number: 247

What a weekend of racing! (No spoilers)

The combination of 100° temperatures and the life-altering nature of having a broken hip left me pretty much in the house all weekend.  Fortunately, there was a bunch of racing on, and it was really good stuff!

Sat. PM - Nascar Nationwide at Road America - Any race at RA is worth watching.  Lot's of on track action, lots of places to set up passes (as God intended to be true for road courses...) brave braking maneuvers that didn't always work, and Jacques V ramming anyone dumb enough to race him.   (i missed the Grand Am race)

Sat. night - Indy cars at Iowa:  The cars are kinda dumb looking, but the drivers seem to really like them, and the racing was insane. Any of five drivers could have won.  Rain washed the rubber off the track, so it had two legitimate grooves, so lots of side by side stuff, you REALLY had to pay attention to your spotters (and hope they got you updates fast enough...didn't always happen). 

Sunday

GP of Europe:  Best F1 race i've seen in years.  Many different tire strategies, so lots of pit action and overtaking on the track.  DRS zone was tuned pretty well, it only worked if you had set the car up in front of you perfectly, it wasn't a given that DRS would get you by.  The car control of those guys is awesome (most of the time), they really are the worlds best drivers.  And great drama at the end, with a finish worthy of a racing movie.

Nascar Sprint Cup at Sears Point (that's what I call it, anyway..):  Always fun to watch Nascar at SP, and it showcases the really good drivers in Nascar.  Only one caution this year as well, so all the action was racing, not crashing.

Then, Wind Tunnel to finish it all up.  Needed some eyedrops after all that.

In general, I'd like to see more variety in cars and engines in most of these series, but damn, you can't say they aren't getting formulas down for races that showcase driver skill and talent.

My Car: 2014 Mercedes Benz E63 4-Matic S-Model
SOLD April 2024: 2009 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG
SOLD August 2016:  2005 Saab 9-2x Aero 5-Speed, Cold, Premium, Arctic Silver
Her Car: 2024 Mercedes Benz GLC300 4Matic

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#2 2012-06-25 14:33:50

Bryan
why don't you remember my name?
Supporter
User Number: 1768

Re: What a weekend of racing! (No spoilers)

+1 on the F1 race.  That was intense, not a dull moment.  Pit crews earned their pay, that's for sure.

I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

#3 2012-06-25 16:16:12

tonka92x
Supporter
Supporter
User Number: 17

F1 race was okay, not too much fun watching two different classes of cars (those with new tires and those without) race for position.  But Hamilton continues to impress me with poorly he manages his emotions.  He could of easily let Maldonado go and finish in the points, but was much happier stuffing Maldonado and breaking his car.  facepalm

#4 2012-06-26 07:21:30

tekkheadd
President & CEO
Supporter
User Number: 2702

arrow-up  whatever there negative nellie.   

That was a very entertaining race.  Probably the best race i've seen in years also.  Love watching Hamilton be a cry baby.   biggrin

2005 Saab 9-2x Aero 5MT (world rally satin gray), PnP turbo, Factory Gauges, F1 Racing flywheel, 3'' Catless DP, DOM Tuned Stage II, Hella Micro DE fogs, Ixiz, Koyo Rad, Impreza trunk tray FTW!!
Stocker 16''s  Nokian Nordman2
BBS RK's BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2

#5 2012-06-26 08:05:56

Linear Man
aka Boxer4dad
User Number: 837

I watched the Indy cars in Texas a month or so ago, and was surprised to see great racing.  They finally seem to have hit on something that's more entertaining to watch, and less predictable.

As for NASCAR and Nationwide, those are their best races, especially without all the yellows.  The idea of them strategizing in different ways adds something, too.

F1 was OK.  I'm kind of tiring of Hamilton's stuff, too, and feel similarly to tonka.  Seen it before, don't care to continue seeing it.  Grow up, Lewis...

Had>>>> 05 Black Linear 5MT, Prem. Package

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.