saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#26 2021-09-15 21:29:02

karmaceutical
User Number: 1984

Re: Diagnosing ABS codes, have the codes

Success.  ABS fixed.  Dumb mistake on my part, bent a pin on one of the sensor connectors.

Now I've got in order of ugliness:

1 blasted ball joint, and a torn boot on the other
New manual shift linkage joint
Head gaskets seeping oil, maybe coolant too ... but no drip on the ground, soo...
AC shot, but winter is nearly here anyway

2005 SAAB 92x linear 5mt (kinda)
2018 Subaru Forester XT Touring

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#27 2021-09-16 09:10:53

krazykarguy
Worst ninja editor, ever.
Supporter
User Number: 1944

Congrats on getting the ABS fixed!

I've mentioned that the ball joint is a PITA - the joint will not come out of the knuckle. You should replace both. As this is a safety issue, do this ASAP - either yourself or hire a mechanic who already has the specialty tools.
My Aero had a loose shifter, but I have no experience with replacing the linkage. I propose Subaru OEM parts where you are replacing them.
Check the coolant for exhaust gases, there are test kits out there. If the test comes back 'clean', ignore until it starts eating coolant.
Pump the system full of refrigerant that contains a tracer dye. Find the leak with a black light. Replace all o-rings on offending parts (i.e. if condenser is leaking, replace all o-rings as they are disturbed and will leak by removal).

2005 Aero 5MT
2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium 6MT - Sterling Gray Metallic - 475hp of crowd munching fun

#28 2021-09-16 10:16:46

karmaceutical
User Number: 1984

I had the CVS done on this car recently, before retiring it.  There's a good chance those bolts have been in and out relatively recently.  Wish me luck.  Dealer shop wants $362 per side whether the bolts are broken or not.

Also, I have a leaking strut.  Noticed there are "quick strut" kits.  Maybe if these bolts break, I'll put those in at the same time.

2005 SAAB 92x linear 5mt (kinda)
2018 Subaru Forester XT Touring

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.