saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
  • Home
  •  » Midwest
  •  » SOLD: 2006 Saab 92x Aero 5spd 2500 OBO Grand Rapids

#1 2018-09-04 21:37:40

Autoxer26
User Number: 10433

SOLD: 2006 Saab 92x Aero 5spd 2500 OBO Grand Rapids

SOLD

For Sale: 2006 Saab 92x Aero 2.5l Turbo – 5spd Manual (The Unicorn with blown head gasket)
Mileage: 198,612

For sale is a Obsidian Black 2006 Saab 92x Aero 2.5l Turbo with all-wheel drive and two tone leather interior with 17�  OEM Enkei wheels. This is a two-owner car that remained in the salt-free south for all but the last 3 years of its existence.  And ran strong and healthy for years. Unfortunately this past winter the car blew a head gasket on my morning commute spraying oil onto the exhaust manifold, which resulted in a small under hood fire. Luckily I pulled into a gas station as soon as it was apparent something was wrong. The fire was put out within 5 minutes of starting with a fire extinguisher resulting in little to no damage to the electrical systems or the intake (see photos below). However as a broke grad student I have not had the time or money to repair the head gasket and I’m now looking to sell the car as someone else’s project or parts car. When I parked the car the engine still ran fine but would leak large amounts of oil. There are three large dents to the exterior of the car. One on either of the front fenders both from being backed into while parked on the road here in Michigan. And a third from the University parking lot on the passenger side rear quarter panel. I have one freshly painted front fender ready to install. The interior is in excellent condition and I had replaced the fogged stock headlights with new non-HID assemblies. I still have the stock headlight assemblies, which could be refurbished and will be included in the sale. See photos below for recommended repairs from my personal mechanic and pictures of dents.

The car has tasteful upgrades including a freshly rebuilt VF39 turbo with less than 2,000 miles on it, a stock STI intercooler, and a conservative COBB of the shelf VF39 tune. The stock turbo and intercooler will be included in the sale and can easily be reinstalled.

Below is a list of other modifications and spares that will be included in this sale. Bring a trailer and come take this deal off my hands!

Installed Mods:
Perrin Rear Engine Mount
Mad-Dad Whisper 2.5�  cat-back exhaust
Invidia 3�  downpipe
Perrin Silicon Turbo-inlet
COBB turbo heat shield
Mishimoto all aluminum radiator
Perrin silicon radiator hoses (top and bottom)
Perrin Drop-in filter
Killer-B alternator Cover
Whiteline 24�  three way adjustable rear sway bar
Whiteline Heavy Duty rear swaybar end-links
Cobb Delrin shift knob (black)

OEM and Spare Parts:
New OEM Saab Hood-emblem
Stock 17’ Enkei Wheels with used Hankook RS3 tires (16�  WRX “winter wheels�  are currently on car)
Color correct driver’s side front fender
Stock rear sway bar and end-links
New OEM catted downpipe
Full set of new OEM exhaust gaskets
Stock HID headlamps
Stock Turbo
Stock Top Mount Intercooler
Extra oil-filters, exhaust bolts, and other misculanious parks

Title in hand, No interest in parting out the car, no trades.

Sold as is:
2,500 OBO

See link for photos! https://imgur.com/a/plBBaQc

Last edited by Autoxer26 (2018-09-16 17:17:37)

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

• Home
  •  » Midwest
  •  » SOLD: 2006 Saab 92x Aero 5spd 2500 OBO Grand Rapids

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.