saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2018-05-24 23:04:10

HaosofMikado
User Number: 45953

Hey everyone from NH

Hey everyone, new owner of a 2005 Saab 9-2X Linear.  My name is Noy and I'm in Derry, NH.  I've come from an 04 FXT and 07 Forester.  I've also owned 2 Galant VR4's.  So I'm no stranger to AWD cars.  Even though I've owned turbo cars, I'm not much of a speed guy.  I'm more into handling than speed.  A father of a 1 year old now, so safety is everything and I'm pretty happy with the Linear.  Things on plan on doing with the car is upgrade the speakers and head unit as the previous owner installed an old Alpine head unit and now its only playing 1 station.  The car is an automatic.  So the Mrs can steal it on her garden store runs.  Previous owner had huge dogs so it's gonna need a good vacuuming and probably seat cleaning.  I'd post pics, but it's just a basic stock Linear.

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#2 2018-05-25 10:35:15

jixaw
User Number: 35856

Re: Hey everyone from NH

hi - welcome....im a linear owner too...mines an automagic as well...i had to pick between a turbo/manual or having a license that wasnt suspended...unfortunately the latter made more sense

anyways...these things handle great with some performance suspension components....I put on some kyb-excels and pink sti springs...coupled with some strut braces, 17s with sticky rubber and it handles like its on rails.....

its never going to win a race, but remember if you are just buzzing around town (non-highway speeds) keep it in 3 not D (im sure you already know a bit about these trannies)..D is for highway mostly - it hates downshifting when in D

speakers - you are really limited unless you get a speaker spacer kit like one offered by one of our members whos name spelling escapes me (izix?)

the most important thing you need to do is to remove the rear seats and carpet and take a hard look at your rear shock towers....any car that has spent any time in the north will have rust holes riddled thru the towers...its a design flaw that you can read more about on the site here.....this is the most important thing you need to do for this car

the second most important thing is the timing belt if its >90k miles...head gaskets on these 2.5 na motors always leak/fail on the drivers side....another design flaw that you want to square away before its an issue.....

i have taken my linear to a shop locally ...one of our members has always performed great work on my car....let me know if you would like a recommendation....

2005 Saab 9-2x Linear - Auto - Deep Blue Mica - Cold Weather Package - - Mods: Aero Rear Sway Bar, Perrin FSB, Whiteline QR RSB, KYB-G Excel Shocks, STI Pink Springs, Tsudo UEL, Custom catback with Magnaflow, Centric rotors & posi-quiet ceramic pads, 17" ASAs w/Dunlop Direzzas (summer), 16" OEM alloys w/studded Nokian hakka 7's (winter), 35% tint sides/rear

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.