saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2017-04-29 10:21:15

jakeapow
User Number: 40777

Talk me in or out of it!

Ive been looking for a hatchback for a daily driver. Found an 2006 9-2X Aero with an automatic transmission (I have yet to learn to drive manual) at a dealer near DC for about 9000. 62k miles. It looks to be in good condition. Carfax has one minor accident report that has been repaired, other than that it is clean.

My biggest worry is that the 11 yr old car will be a bastard to maintain and I might have a hard time finding the parts to keep the engine running. Im aware its mostly subaru parts that are regularly available.

The internet provides me with tall tales of super reliability, and also horror stories of a car that stays in the shop for months.

Either way I'm test driving it Tuesday, I just wanted to hear from some of you that have owned this particular car for a while, because this forum seems like a wealth of resource.

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#2 2017-04-29 11:16:19

drewsro
Master
User Number: 13600

Re: Talk me in or out of it!

Just be prepared, it will cost more the maintain than a Corolla or Civic, but it does have a lot more of a fun factor.  Make sure the timing belt has been done already, otherwise you are looking at a $800 cost right away.  Low mileage isn't always a good thing if it hasn't been maintained properly.  Things will still wear out over time like rubber belts and hoses.  Just be religious about staying on track with maintenance and always check to make sure the oil is at the proper levels.  Parts are a dime a dozen, so don't worry about that for a while.

2005 9-2x Aero 5MT- Stage 2
2016 VW GTI S 6MT
Need a CARFAX report? Message me.

#3 2017-04-29 16:58:23

jakeapow
User Number: 40777

Re: Talk me in or out of it!

Thanks for your input, I'll make sure to check for deterioration.

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.