saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#26 2013-11-22 12:44:22

2JZ
User Number: 5647

Re: Let you show me your front license plate mounts

Cmg333 wrote:

Someone made the decision for me, prior to my purchasing the vehicle. Some clown has drilled the front bumper cover twice, crooked the second time. Any suggestions on how I can make it less unattractive? Should I buy a mount that I can screw into the existing holes? I don't suppose there's anyway to fix the existing "damage/ugly ass holes"?

Ive seen an aluminum plate that says saab on it. Similar to the Perrin or other solutions people already do to their subbies

2003 Subaru STi EJ207/6MT widebody wagon (daily driver)
1997 BMW 328is (racecar)
2005 Saab 9-2x STi 6MT
2006 Saab 9-2x Linear 5MT

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#27 2013-11-22 13:04:05

Cmg333
Vroooooooooom! ;)
User Number: 12456

2JZ wrote:

Cmg333 wrote:

Someone made the decision for me, prior to my purchasing the vehicle. Some clown has drilled the front bumper cover twice, crooked the second time. Any suggestions on how I can make it less unattractive? Should I buy a mount that I can screw into the existing holes? I don't suppose there's anyway to fix the existing "damage/ugly ass holes"?

Ive seen an aluminum plate that says saab on it. Similar to the Perrin or other solutions people already do to their subbies

That could work! That solution would be in keeping with trying to avoid garish visual upgrades. Thanks!

05 Desert Silver 92x Aero Manual (Stock... for now!) - WOOT!

#28 2013-12-18 21:16:49

Rita
User Number: 13096

I hate that Texas requires a front plate, and hate EVEN MORE that the previous owner put such a monstrosity of a plate holder/adapter on the car (I have removed that).

http://i.imgur.com/5gP0RrN.png

I made some *AHEM* modifications to the required plate... I believe it is still legal as the plate number and TEXAS both remain visible. Plate is flush and covers prior mounting holes/damage... I drilled new holes to utilize pre-existing screw-points. In the process, most of the reflectorization disappeared, OOPSIE-LAZER-DOODLE  biggrin

#29 2014-05-28 23:41:14

V8 Sonoma GT
Boost Addict
User Number: 10537

tinman wrote:

I went with the Rho-Plate.  best of all of the options that I found.  I was able to angle is perfectly

http://a.yfrog.com/img814/4945/5vlr.jpg

better adjustability, and the damn thing is solid as can be.  I preferred it to the cheaper ones or the DIY travesties.  A body shop guy thought that it was an OEM part because of how solidly it's designed.

L8

which one did you buy? the only one they show now for subie is BRZ...?

Syclone-Typhoon-Sonoma GT
05 Aero-Built motor from scratch

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.