saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2006-10-05 12:24:22

MaxPower
The wrong way, but faster.
User Number: 132

Ashtray mount for satellite radio?

So I've been trying to find a better spot for my new Sirius Sportster than suctioned to the windshield. I'm thinking of somehow using the ashtray - i.e. removing the door to make some room, and then somehow mounting the Sportster's cradle to that area. I ran the antenna wire up through the dash so it exits right at the ashtray (I also bought an FM modulator, which exits at the same spot, behind the ashtray insert), and obviously the power is right there, so it makes some sense. And I've been driving around with the radio sitting in that area, and it doesn't get in the way of the shifter (though it does get in the way of the HVAC controls - I'm thinking with the door gone, this wouldn't be an issue). Has anybody done this, or heard about anybody doing it? Do you have any ideas how I can make this work and not look retarded?

2005 Saab 9-2x Aero 5spd - Deep Blue Mica - Premium/Cold
Armrest extension/MOMO knob/rear cupholder/trunk tray/Saab door sills

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.