saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2005-05-11 15:01:57

scottgf
Former, Ex Dealer Guy
Supporter
From: Rosemead Cal.
Registered: 2005-05-11
User Number: 13
Posts: 5140
Website

Hey..Just found this place..!!

Anyone out there???

Cheers,
Scott

05 9-2x Aero Brilliant Red, 5 spd, Cold package


Scott
05 9-2x Aero 5 Spd AP Stage 2 SOLD 10/2012     94 Dodge Viper RT/10
73 Plymouth Road Runner                                  63 VW
69 Ford Cortina GT                                            12 Chevy Volt

Offline

 

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

Offline

 

#2 2005-05-11 15:15:17

iota
si vis pacem, para bellum
Founder
From: Columbus, OH
Registered: 2005-05-09
User Number: 1
Posts: 10306
Website

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

Yes, we're here -- the board was just started in the last 24 hours so I'm still working on getting stuff linked. I plan to link with all the relevant WRX mod info and everything I can find.

Thanks for joining, we should be up to speed soon smile if anyone has done any mods, has any tech info, experiences, problems, etc, please post!

Offline

 

#3 2005-05-11 15:23:42

scottgf
Former, Ex Dealer Guy
Supporter
From: Rosemead Cal.
Registered: 2005-05-11
User Number: 13
Posts: 5140
Website

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

iota wrote:

Yes, we're here -- the board was just started in the last 24 hours so I'm still working on getting stuff linked. I plan to link with all the relevant WRX mod info and everything I can find.

Thanks for joining, we should be up to speed soon smile if anyone has done any mods, has any tech info, experiences, problems, etc, please post!

Sounds good!!

I just got my 92x 2 weeks ago and am lovin it...
Good to find a site that's just for us... :-)

Cheers,


Scott
05 9-2x Aero 5 Spd AP Stage 2 SOLD 10/2012     94 Dodge Viper RT/10
73 Plymouth Road Runner                                  63 VW
69 Ford Cortina GT                                            12 Chevy Volt

Offline

 

#4 2005-05-12 15:15:17

Apollothedog
Im a jeanyous and arsewhole
Supporter
From: New Jersey
Registered: 2005-05-11
User Number: 9
Posts: 1556

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

I just got my Blue Aero last week and loving it also.  Hopefully this site will catch on.


Now have a 05 BMW 330i, had a 05 9-2x Aero, Dark blue 5 speed - Premium and Sports packages, Eclipse HU, BA SL60 Speakers MOMO Short Throw Shifter, Console Extender, Trunk Tray, Auto dimming mirror/Homelink, Rear cup holder, Nokians

Offline

 

#5 2005-05-12 19:46:13

John D.
Guest

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

05 9-2x Aero Brilliant Red, 5 spd, Cold package, Sport Package, Premium Package.  Got a great deal because my dad worked for GM!  Not as nice as my Audi A4 was though.  It's tough to go from "very nice car" to "nice car".  At least it has more horsepower for when I'm feeling naughty.   Just got my custom stereo put in:  Alpine 9835 head unit, Sony Mobile ES amp, Boston Acoustics speakers and JL audio sub.

 

#6 2005-05-12 21:02:38

iota
si vis pacem, para bellum
Founder
From: Columbus, OH
Registered: 2005-05-09
User Number: 1
Posts: 10306
Website

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

John D. wrote:

05 9-2x Aero Brilliant Red, 5 spd, Cold package, Sport Package, Premium Package.  Got a great deal because my dad worked for GM!  Not as nice as my Audi A4 was though.  It's tough to go from "very nice car" to "nice car".  At least it has more horsepower for when I'm feeling naughty.   Just got my custom stereo put in:  Alpine 9835 head unit, Sony Mobile ES amp, Boston Acoustics speakers and JL audio sub.

Woah, bizzare... I traded my 99.5 A4 1.8t quattro tip for a black 9-2x Aero, and my father works for GM (in what was saab but is now a steaming pile) too.

The A4 interior was MUCH nicer, but the 9-2x is much more fun to drive. Definately a trade in luxury for fun, but I think it was worth it.

Offline

 

#7 2005-05-12 22:28:31

tonka92x
Supporter
Supporter
Registered: 2005-05-12
User Number: 17
Posts: 4397

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

I've had my 92x Linear for a month.  Haven't even hit 1k on it yet.  Am I the first Linear here?

Nice to find a dedicated 92x board.  I've been lurking on NASIOC, saabnet.com, and saabcentral.com, and never really felt welcomed (more tolerated) on those boards.

Offline

 

#8 2005-05-12 22:30:30

iota
si vis pacem, para bellum
Founder
From: Columbus, OH
Registered: 2005-05-09
User Number: 1
Posts: 10306
Website

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

tonka92x wrote:

Am I the first Linear here?

Yes, I think so -- glad to finally have one smile

tonka92x wrote:

Nice to find a dedicated 92x board.  I've been lurking on NASIOC, saabnet.com, and saabcentral.com, and never really felt welcomed (more tolerated) on those boards.

There aren't many 9-2x owners at this point (Saab is selling ~400 per month, compared to over 1000 9-3's per month US-wide) so it was a little dissapointing to find ZERO information on the internet about such a great car (or, a better looking version of such a fun car).

thanks for joining!

Offline

 

#9 2005-05-12 22:37:22

mikeneri
Member
Registered: 2005-05-12
User Number: 18
Posts: 30

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

I made my way over from SaabCentral.  Boy am I glad this forum popped up.  I was really starting to get sick of the idiots over there.  roll

Mike


2005 Saab 9-2X Aero

- AutoMeter Center Stack Gauge Pod w/ AutoMeter "Sport-Comp" Boost, Oil Pressure & Volt Gauges

Offline

 

#10 2005-05-13 01:46:35

RPW Motorsports
Member
Registered: 2005-05-13
User Number: 21
Posts: 31

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

I was also lurking at the SaabCentral forum. Just picked up my Artic Silver/Premium Pkg./Cold Pkg. this past week. After owning various "boy racer" cars in the past 3-4 years (FD3S RX-7, Honda S2000, Supra TT, BMW E36) I am finally "maturing" to the 9-2X. So far I am really enjoying the car and can't wait to start autocrossing it/going up to Tahoe.

Anyone have a paint protection kit on their 9-2X yet? I have an appointment next week to have one installed by this company:
http://www.se-ex.com/paint_protection.html
About $595 installed....hopefully worth it!

Ryan


2005 Arctic Silver 9-2X Aero 5MT
Mods-Helix DNA coilovers,Whiteline Adj. Rear Bar,Whiteline Rear Strut Bar,ERZ up-pipe,Helix down-pipe,DN Performance catback,Kartboy ssk, AccessPORT Stage 2

Offline

 

#11 2005-05-13 03:47:04

Bobby
Member
From: Milpitas, CA
Registered: 2005-05-12
User Number: 16
Posts: 31

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

Hi Ryan:

How does this "paint protection" thing work? Please keep us all updated on your progress.

I really like the Black Aero, but I've heard how easily it scratches and chips. If this "paint protection" really works, I'd consider getting the black one right now.

I'm in the Bay Area too. Which salesman helped you out at Saab at El Camino Real. I'm working with a guy called Branko - nice guy, but no serious pricing talks yet.

Bobby


Black Aero 5spd

Offline

 

#12 2005-05-13 07:31:22

Pato
Broke Member
Registered: 2005-05-11
User Number: 6
Posts: 114

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

RPW Motorsports wrote:

I was also lurking at the SaabCentral forum. Just picked up my Artic Silver/Premium Pkg./Cold Pkg. this past week. After owning various "boy racer" cars in the past 3-4 years (FD3S RX-7, Honda S2000, Supra TT, BMW E36) I am finally "maturing" to the 9-2X. So far I am really enjoying the car and can't wait to start autocrossing it/going up to Tahoe.

Anyone have a paint protection kit on their 9-2X yet? I have an appointment next week to have one installed by this company:
http://www.se-ex.com/paint_protection.html
About $595 installed....hopefully worth it!

Ryan

Is this that 3M film that protects against bugs and rock chips?


'05 9-2X  Aero Satin Gray
5M, Cold, Premium, Sport packages

Offline

 

#13 2005-05-13 10:55:24

STI4theSlowGuy
All Is Full Of Love
From: San Francisco, CA
Registered: 2005-05-13
User Number: 30
Posts: 715
Website

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

Yo!!! Glad Im here!

I love my car too!


..::||  I like turtles.  ||::..

Offline

 

#14 2005-05-13 19:23:01

LinearChris
Member
Registered: 2005-05-13
User Number: 35
Posts: 11

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

Hey guys.  i've had my 05 deep blue 9-2x Linear since december and i still love it.  nice to see a 9-2x specific forum.  tough to talk to anyone around here (vancouver bc canada) since i've only ever seen one other 9-2x on the road.  cheers.


'05 9-2x Linear Deep Blue Mica

Offline

 

#15 2005-05-13 19:30:20

Trottingwolf
Member
Registered: 2005-05-13
User Number: 20
Posts: 29

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

Hi all.
I got my Black 92-X Aero a week ago. I have been wanting a WRX wagon for about 3 years now and once I saw the rebates on the Saab I jumped on it.


2005 Black Saab 92-X Aero Sport named Trillian
Me very Happy! big_smile

Offline

 

#16 2005-05-15 23:22:15

eurospeed
Will race for food.
Supporter
Registered: 2005-05-13
User Number: 29
Posts: 1099

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

RPW Motorsports wrote:

I was also lurking at the SaabCentral forum. Just picked up my Artic Silver/Premium Pkg./Cold Pkg. this past week. After owning various "boy racer" cars in the past 3-4 years (FD3S RX-7, Honda S2000, Supra TT, BMW E36) I am finally "maturing" to the 9-2X. So far I am really enjoying the car and can't wait to start autocrossing it/going up to Tahoe.

Anyone have a paint protection kit on their 9-2X yet? I have an appointment next week to have one installed by this company:
http://www.se-ex.com/paint_protection.html
About $595 installed....hopefully worth it!

Ryan

I ordered and just installed 3M Scotchcal on my 9-2x.  There are many many dealers that take Scotchcal and rebrand it.  I choose to go with Invinca-Shield as they have nicely priced pre cut kits ($113 for 9-2x).  I'll post up a write up in tech shortly.


EUROSPEED EUROSPEED EUROSPEED
saab 92x AERO ..:::::::.. driving banana

Offline

 

#17 2005-05-16 07:04:28

PCPCDALLAS
Beloved Sponsor
Supporter
Registered: 2005-05-14
User Number: 39
Posts: 759

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

"Clear bra" paint protection kits are killer - but, in our experience, not very DIY-friendly.  We've had a number of customers insist on ordering the materials only and doing their own installation - when they do, we tell them no guarantees that you will be successful.  One guy with a Mini bought 6 kits before he got it right.  Said he just couldn't let his wife see him be defeated by some sheets of vinyl lol

http://www.hotsubarus.com/index.asp?Pag … ;ProdID=73


Park Cities Performance Center
www.pcpcdallas.com
214-420-4425

Offline

 

#18 2005-05-16 11:35:18

eurospeed
Will race for food.
Supporter
Registered: 2005-05-13
User Number: 29
Posts: 1099

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

tordiway wrote:

"Clear bra" paint protection kits are killer - but, in our experience, not very DIY-friendly.  We've had a number of customers insist on ordering the materials only and doing their own installation - when they do, we tell them no guarantees that you will be successful.  One guy with a Mini bought 6 kits before he got it right.  Said he just couldn't let his wife see him be defeated by some sheets of vinyl lol

http://www.hotsubarus.com/index.asp?Pag … ;ProdID=73

LOL! You gotta give that guy some credit for his determination! smile  This was my first clear kit, but I've had some minor vinyl experience in the past.  Some of the contours were a bit tricky, but all it took was a bit of patience.  No complaints here.


EUROSPEED EUROSPEED EUROSPEED
saab 92x AERO ..:::::::.. driving banana

Offline

 

#19 2005-05-16 14:31:21

owl
Supporter
Supporter
From: SF, CA
Registered: 2005-05-11
User Number: 12
Posts: 653

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

eurospeed wrote:

tordiway wrote:

"Clear bra" paint protection kits are killer - but, in our experience, not very DIY-friendly.  We've had a number of customers insist on ordering the materials only and doing their own installation - when they do, we tell them no guarantees that you will be successful.  One guy with a Mini bought 6 kits before he got it right.  Said he just couldn't let his wife see him be defeated by some sheets of vinyl lol

http://www.hotsubarus.com/index.asp?Pag … ;ProdID=73

LOL! You gotta give that guy some credit for his determination! smile  This was my first clear kit, but I've had some minor vinyl experience in the past.  Some of the contours were a bit tricky, but all it took was a bit of patience.  No complaints here.

how long did it take you to put the kit on, and did you get the standard or deluxe kit from the link you posted?


2005 Saab 9-2x Aero 5-sp-Deep Blue Mica-Premium/Cold|[email protected] 2 tuned(206whp/224wtq)
2012 Mazda 2
2001 Porsche Boxster

Offline

 

#20 2005-05-16 16:34:18

mcolterman
9-2X Aero
Registered: 2005-05-16
User Number: 53
Posts: 52

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

Been lurking here for ages ....  okay since it opened a week or so ago.  smile

I just picked up my 9-2X Aero AT last week, Artic Silver, no leather.   So I'm probably one of the few with the AT on this forum.   Ribbing is allowed, I have big shoulders.  Heh.

Just wanted to introduce myself.  I've been over to Saab Central and still visit there, just didn't register and post.   Glad to see that there is an actual forum for the 9-2X.

So far so good,  I really am enjoying the car even though I haven't pushed the limits.  I'm coming off of a '02 VW Golf 2.Slow so its a bit of a step up which I'm enjoying.

My only gripe at this point is the key fob.  It looks way to cheap IMO.  So its a minor point.

I look forward to learning lots here.

Cheers,

Mike


2005 9-2X Aero - AT - Artic Silver
Sport and Cold Weather Packages

Offline

 

#21 2005-05-16 16:36:12

iota
si vis pacem, para bellum
Founder
From: Columbus, OH
Registered: 2005-05-09
User Number: 1
Posts: 10306
Website

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

mcolterman wrote:

My only gripe at this point is the key fob.  It looks way to cheap IMO.  So its a minor point.

The keyfob is cheap as hell... I wish that there was a direct replacement available from alpine that looked better. I thought about cutting up my valet key to fit it inside the keyfob housing but i think it would turn out as a disaster.

Offline

 

#22 2005-05-16 19:10:10

Apollothedog
Im a jeanyous and arsewhole
Supporter
From: New Jersey
Registered: 2005-05-11
User Number: 9
Posts: 1556

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

Same as the Suburu, by the way, which means its easy to replace.  And yes it feels and looks cheap.


Now have a 05 BMW 330i, had a 05 9-2x Aero, Dark blue 5 speed - Premium and Sports packages, Eclipse HU, BA SL60 Speakers MOMO Short Throw Shifter, Console Extender, Trunk Tray, Auto dimming mirror/Homelink, Rear cup holder, Nokians

Offline

 

#23 2005-05-16 21:52:38

eurospeed
Will race for food.
Supporter
Registered: 2005-05-13
User Number: 29
Posts: 1099

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

owl wrote:

how long did it take you to put the kit on, and did you get the standard or deluxe kit from the link you posted?

I spent about 3 hours only because I was taking my time on each piece.  I ordered the standard kit which is three pieces.  The toughest part for me was the upper fender section.  It took quite a bit of time/patience to contour the film.


EUROSPEED EUROSPEED EUROSPEED
saab 92x AERO ..:::::::.. driving banana

Offline

 

#24 2005-05-16 22:23:06

iota
si vis pacem, para bellum
Founder
From: Columbus, OH
Registered: 2005-05-09
User Number: 1
Posts: 10306
Website

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

grm0331 wrote:

Same as the Suburu, by the way, which means its easy to replace.  And yes it feels and looks cheap.

Same as mid 90's BMWs and Honda (IIRC). I wish that they would have a nicer version for BMW with a key in it that could be modified, but noooo

Offline

 

#25 2005-05-16 22:39:23

owl
Supporter
Supporter
From: SF, CA
Registered: 2005-05-11
User Number: 12
Posts: 653

Re: Hey..Just found this place..!!

eurospeed wrote:

owl wrote:

how long did it take you to put the kit on, and did you get the standard or deluxe kit from the link you posted?

I spent about 3 hours only because I was taking my time on each piece.  I ordered the standard kit which is three pieces.  The toughest part for me was the upper fender section.  It took quite a bit of time/patience to contour the film.

thanks for the info


2005 Saab 9-2x Aero 5-sp-Deep Blue Mica-Premium/Cold|[email protected] 2 tuned(206whp/224wtq)
2012 Mazda 2
2001 Porsche Boxster

Offline

 

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.