saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2006-03-19 02:25:47

dpz217
User Number: 689

South FL dealership

Does anyone have any experiences...good, bad, or ugly  with SAAB dealerships in the Miami area.  I moved here with my 92x and I'm wondering if I can trust Deel Saab or any of the other delaerships in the area with maintenance and repair.  I've already dealt wth poor service from Schumacher up in West Palm (although they did give me a loaded 9-3 Aero for a week) and hope to avoid any more headaches.  Thanks.

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#2 2006-03-19 15:05:10

05AeroSFL
User Number: 342

Re: South FL dealership

Welcome to South Florida. Well, for what I hear, the guys at Deel don't really know what they are doing. A friend of mine, has a aero and took it for his first oil change at 10,000 (He knows that he is over the miles for the first oil change). The guy at Deel told him that his first oil change is scheduled until 12,500 or only if his oil change light (which I don't think the 9-2x has it) comes on. So, they would not change the oil at 10,000. I've taken mine at Lehman Saab, for the first oil change and to replace the wiper blades. Well, that didn't go too well, first they didn't fill up the oil to the correct level and they replace the wiper blades with the incorrect size blades so much so that they were hitting the A pillar. Had to take the car back to have both issues and they were really minor. I bought my car at sheehan. Next time I'll try them for service, even though is a little far from my house. Good Luck!

#3 2006-03-19 18:48:11

dpz217
User Number: 689

That's what I was afraid of.  Thanks for the info.  If I have better success elsewhere I'll let you know.

Anyone else...

#4 2006-03-26 10:16:19

CrazyTrain
Ex 9-2x Owner
Supporter
User Number: 276

I bought my 92X at Sheehan in Lighthouse Point, FL.  It's on Federal Hwy, just south of Sample Rd.

I've been happy with the service.  I brought it in a few days after purchase to have some things looked at and brought it in for the first scheduled maintenance about 3 weeks ago.  They addressed all the issues, although I need to bring it back because they had to order a part.  They give you a voucher to get a loaner car from Enterprise (across the street), so don't expect a Saab loaner.  It's whatever Enterprise happens to have on the lot.  I got a cheap Chevy Aveo (ugh!) and a pickup on the occasions I needed the car serviced.

One thing I like that some others may find annoying is that they call you when it's time to service the car.  Within two months I received two phone calls and a letter reminding me to bring it in.  I liked that, although their database probably doesn't take into consideration that the maintenance is currently "free"  smile

#5 2006-03-30 01:00:37

CrazyTrain
Ex 9-2x Owner
Supporter

How quickly opinions can change.  I brought my car in on Tuesday to have the part swapped out (for the remote chirping that stopped a couple of months ago and some roughness in the brakes).  Dropped the car off between 7:30-8:00AM.  By 4PM I hadn't heard anything so I called.  They didn't even look at the car yet, but will look at it the next day.  Gee, thanks for letting me know.

Called Wednesday at 2:30PM to get a status.  They were working on the car and it should be ready today (keyword: should).  Requested a phone call either way - sure, no problem.  6:30PM no phone call.  Called service - gone for the day.  2 days to replace a part and look at the breaks and not have time to call the cutomer with a status???  They must be overworked which is not good.  Last thing anyone needs is some overworked mechanic rushing through a job.  Not happy with Sheehan Saab Service Dept. right now.  And to think when I dropped it off they asked me if I wanted to wait for it  roll

#6 2006-03-30 12:32:36

igotskraped
v NSFWOS v (for loburon)
User Number: 97

^^ Should have said yes. Maybe they would have had it done in an hour. I would always suggest waiting for it. This way, they KNOW they have to get it done, because you are there. If you drop it off, more times than not, they'll pull a car in first if the owner is waiting for it. If you drop it off, they figure you have other means of transportation, and aren't in a huge hurry to get it back.
Dan

#7 2006-03-30 16:17:22

CrazyTrain
Ex 9-2x Owner
Supporter

igotskraped wrote:

^^ Should have said yes. Maybe they would have had it done in an hour. I would always suggest waiting for it. This way, they KNOW they have to get it done, because you are there. If you drop it off, more times than not, they'll pull a car in first if the owner is waiting for it. If you drop it off, they figure you have other means of transportation, and aren't in a huge hurry to get it back.
Dan

Yeah, maybe.  They told it would take 2-3 hours, so I opted for the rental.  I got this little thing called work that gets in the way, heh heh  tongue

So, as a followup - my car was there for two days and they didn't fix the break issue.  banghead  It says on the receipt that the brakes are within specs, but I don't think anyone actually test drove the car.  Actually, with the odometer be 2/10 mile higher than when I dropped it off I think I'm pretty much correct.  What did they do, drive the car 2 blocks and say the brakes are fine?  Probably put the milage on just moving it around the parking lot.

I'll be going back and taking the service advisor for a ride.  More waste of my time.

#8 2006-04-07 14:08:41

Xanaduce
User Number: 523

Nothing horrible at the Saab Dealer in WPB, Fl.  Nothign Exceptionla, but nothign bad.

I will not be held responsible for what you read from my opinion, and what you do.

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.