saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#76 2015-06-25 00:45:16

Bryan
why don't you remember my name?
Supporter
User Number: 1768

Re: Road Ragers

So this one time about 5 years ago, I'm sitting at a stop sign, wanting to make a left.  There are 2 lanes in each direction of traffic, no real gaps to jump into.  This guy in a Charger rental pulls up behind me and keeps inching closer and closer.  Then the fucker honks at me whenever there was the tiniest gap.  We probably sat there for a few minutes, this is during AM rush in Madison, I'm turning off Bedford onto N Shore Dr, to make the right at John Nolen, to go to the Alliant Energy Center.

So we're sitting there, with the typical Madison pokey drivers spaced just close enough that I can't go, and this guy is on my ass, honking.  I see a small gap, pop the clutch and floor it, then extend my middle finger at the guy behind me.  I get the arrow for the right and go - not thinking much of it.

Until I pull into the Energy Center where I'm working a trade show.  This guy pulls in right behind me - must have followed me in.  So I'm ready for a confrontation....

Turns out it was one of my customers fucking with me.   facepalm  Haven't practiced my sign language on the road since.

I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#77 2015-06-25 00:48:54

Jeepis
Chief Moderating Officer
Supporter
User Number: 1779

arrow-up

I have thought of this. No matter how much of a jerk move, I try to keep my calm, especially near home or work. Just not worth it to piss off an ass only to have it be a neighbor or coworker.

Moarleaux

#78 2015-06-25 13:15:06

ikbrown
long live R0LO!
User Number: 6094

Justin86 wrote:

Ol Terry Tiny Noodle asserting his opinion of how traffic ought to flow.

Seriously.  unamused

Jeepis wrote:

I have thought of this. No matter how much of a jerk move, I try to keep my calm, especially near home or work. Just not worth it to piss off an ass only to have it be a neighbor or coworker.

Ya definitely. There's a small twisty bit of road between my turn-off of the main stop and go road and my neighborhood. I try to show restraint towards people going at a leisurely pace through there cuz my house isn't very far from where I turn in to the neighborhood. If I'm tailgating someone going 25 through a 30mph curve there's a high chance they will turn into my neighborhood and live further down than me so they'll see where I live. haha.

Without traffic those are fun turns to take at 40-45  driving

2019 VW Alltrack 6MT
2005 Saab 92x Aero 5MT | The basic mods, Stage 2.04
1968 Dodge Charger 383 | SOLD

#79 2015-06-25 15:46:53

tommyd
User Number: 31233

Justin86 wrote:

Us salvage folk drive with a slight chip on the shoulder.

You don't need a salvage title to drive with a chip. A little over a year ago I bought an 1995 f-250. Rode like a lumber wagon, leaf springs front and rear. Sat several inches higher then newer lifted truck too.

I NEVER gave up my lane, if you want to merge into me then merge into me, I'll total your car and drive mine home without so much as a dent. Then one day that happened. Someone merged into me at 70mph with a Hyundai Tiburon.i laid on the horn but she kept coming. I though for sure I was going to monster truck that car into a pancake. Turns out she was on her cell phone and nice enough to admit it. Truck didn't have a scratch on it. The cop came over to me and looked at the truck and laughed. Told me that I was free to go since she took responsibility.

It crushed the back fender, bumper, trunk lid, back glass, back tire was gone,door was hit. That thing was wrecked.

I still drive the same way, if someone wants to hit me, that's why they have insurance. If they total my Saab out I'll buy it back and fix it myself if the car is still straight. With wrx parts if I have to.

Not really road rage but funny!

#80 2015-06-25 16:18:04

drewsro
Master
User Number: 13600

tommyd wrote:

Justin86 wrote:

You don't need a salvage title to drive with a chip. A little over a year ago I bought an 1995 f-250. Rode like a lumber wagon, leaf springs front and rear. Sat several inches higher then newer lifted truck too.

I NEVER gave up my lane, if you want to merge into me then merge into me, I'll total your car and drive mine home without so much as a dent. Then one day that happened. Someone merged into me at 70mph with a Hyundai Tiburon.i laid on the horn but she kept coming. I though for sure I was going to monster truck that car into a pancake. Turns out she was on her cell phone and nice enough to admit it. Truck didn't have a scratch on it. The cop came over to me and looked at the truck and laughed. Told me that I was free to go since she took responsibility.

It crushed the back fender, bumper, trunk lid, back glass, back tire was gone,door was hit. That thing was wrecked.

I still drive the same way, if someone wants to hit me, that's why they have insurance. If they total my Saab out I'll buy it back and fix it myself if the car is still straight. With wrx parts if I have to.

What about Michigan no-fault though?

#81 2015-06-25 21:21:02

ska 92x
FoSTer Parent
User Number: 1428

tommyd wrote:

Justin86 wrote:

I don't fully understand. Do you mean to say that in a merge zone, where both lanes ideally cooperate to zipper cars into the remaining lane, you would never give up your lane? Meaning that you would never make space for a merging vehicle between yourself and the vehicle in front of you?

I hope thats not what you mean.

2006 9-2X Aero, Stage 2 (10/06 - 12/14)

2014 Focus ST, Procal (01/15 - Today)

#82 2015-06-26 12:11:26

ikbrown
long live R0LO!

I don't think Tommy's comment meant to apply to stop and go, I hope not at least - very douchey move. I think he was saying if he's going a steady 70 in the slow lane he'll keep going 70 since it is the merger's responsibility to mesh with traffic. Also ... a douchey move. Easy enough to move over a lane for oblivious idiots who want to merge onto the freeway at 50

2019 VW Alltrack 6MT

#83 2015-06-26 13:10:27

Justin86
$800 DUI Mod
Supporter
User Number: 3102
Website

Justin86 wrote:

Let me also haphazardly lob out that running into the price would've been a genuine show up.

I should revisit this.

It's not a chip, it's a sense of "I have insurance on this pile of shit, go ahead and hit me dummy"

Driving around indifferent. Not careless or reckless,  but just not caring about getting hit.

I'm so mean I make medicine sick.

#84 2015-06-26 13:52:05

ikbrown
long live R0LO!

Justin86 wrote:

Justin86 wrote:

Let me also haphazardly lob out that running into the price would've been a genuine show up.

I should revisit this.

It's not a chip, it's a sense of "I have insurance on this pile of shit, go ahead and hit me dummy"

Driving around indifferent. Not careless or reckless,  but just not caring about getting hit.

Or getting your bumper kicked by some Terry Tiny Noodle

2019 VW Alltrack 6MT

#85 2015-06-26 14:49:35

Justin86
$800 DUI Mod
Supporter
Website

I would have a hard time staying cool if someone was approaching my vehicle. Reckless would apply then.

Not much bakes me up while driving though.

#86 2015-06-26 16:39:17

ikbrown
long live R0LO!

Justin86 wrote:

I would have a hard time staying cool if someone was approaching my vehicle. Reckless would apply then.

Not much bakes me up while driving though.

Not much use getting reckless back with someone like that. I chose the path of least resistance by waiting for more cars to pass by before moving on. Who knows what he woulda done had my window been down or something. All that just to move 1 car further in stop and go, no thank you, I dont want any confrontation with someone like that.

2019 VW Alltrack 6MT

#87 2015-06-26 19:17:53

iamchris
Former Site Owner
Supporter
User Number: 1032

Justin86 wrote:

Justin86 wrote:

I should revisit this.

Might be an advantage in terms of repair costs, but what about safety? Isn't there a greater chance of injury in a vehicle developed under looser crash standards?

#88 2015-06-27 09:48:31

Justin86
$800 DUI Mod
Supporter
Website

*EEEEERRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHH*

Incorrect.

My vehicle has no airbag, so I'll never die in an auto accident when I'm in it.

#89 2015-06-27 09:49:32

Justin86
$800 DUI Mod
Supporter
Website

Injury Schminjury.

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.