saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2013-09-26 09:26:51

scope56
User Number: 10144

Loaded 06 Aero MT w/28k miles on Boston CL

Not my car, just thought I'd link it since it's a rare one. Does have a cracked front bumper. Other than that, looks clean. The owner is open to negotiation. I was exchanging mails with him, but came to a deal with a local owner from this forum before we got very far. He seems decent enough from the bit of back and forth we had.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/4090200462.html

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#2 2013-09-26 09:34:35

juniebugs
User Number: 7080

Re: Loaded 06 Aero MT w/28k miles on Boston CL

Nice car, but that price is a little steep considering that front end damage. But shoot 28k! up

#3 2013-09-26 10:25:57

scope56

juniebugs wrote:

Nice car, but that price is a little steep considering that front end damage. But shoot 28k! up

Most definitely. He actually had it listed for 16k previously, but I told him that wasn't going to fly, and he was receptive. So he relisted at 15k. That said 15k is still a bit high, but I was able to get a better offer from him. It just came too late, I was already working with somebody else, and sealed the deal on an 05.

#4 2013-09-27 01:47:41

V8 Sonoma GT
Boost Addict
User Number: 10537

I want it!

Syclone-Typhoon-Sonoma GT
05 Aero-Built motor from scratch

#5 2013-09-27 12:27:56

Coons
User Number: 1224

"Country of Origin: Sweden"   roll  Perhaps this original owner didn't read the window stick or plate on the vehicle

#6 2013-09-28 08:18:28

ButtDyno
User Number: 918

http://images.craigslist.org/00Z0Z_7TR9GSeKx2V_600x450.jpg

It does have a slight crack in the front fender

Someone also doesn't know what "slight" or "fender" means.

2005 9-2X Aero: DD | 2006 Evo MR: autox | project:BDR

#7 2013-09-28 17:07:20

scope56

Not sure what the point of people trying to pick apart the owner is. Who cares if he is the most savvy saabaru owner or not? I shared the link because it's an extremely rare find, and somebody might be interested. I would have certainly picked it up for the price he offered it to me for, had his timing been better and everything checked out as expected. Good luck finding a better specimen with an owner that meets your requirements.

#8 2013-09-28 20:45:46

tlow98
Supporter
Supporter
User Number: 4765

scope56 wrote:

Not sure what the point of people trying to pick apart the owner is. Who cares if he is the most savvy saabaru owner or not? I shared the link because it's an extremely rare find, and somebody might be interested. I would have certainly picked it up for the price he offered it to me for, had his timing been better and everything checked out as expected. Good luck finding a better specimen with an owner that meets your requirements.

Someone who leaves a front bumper broken/ruined, takes dirty pictures of a car in order to sell it, copies and pastes basic car information that isn't correct into their add and then claims that the car has been taken care of "very well" is a pretty subjective statement.

Better specimens exist (likely, with more mileage which says miles about a car that's beat up with low miles) as do more responsible owners.  I suppose my opinion is pretty subjective, too, though.

Jumping into that car and spending 1k on a bumper repair is kind of shitty way to start.

05 MT, cold, sport...black

#9 2013-09-28 23:43:25

SaabaruRS
User Number: 684

I would not spend $14.5K on that.

2014 Chevy Volt
2005 9-2X Linear (Sold)

#10 2013-09-29 21:17:05

scope56

tlow98 wrote:

Someone who leaves a front bumper broken/ruined, takes dirty pictures of a car in order to sell it, copies and pastes basic car information that isn't correct into their add and then claims that the car has been taken care of "very well" is a pretty subjective statement.

Better specimens exist (likely, with more mileage which says miles about a car that's beat up with low miles) as do more responsible owners.  I suppose my opinion is pretty subjective, too, though.

Jumping into that car and spending 1k on a bumper repair is kind of shitty way to start.

Picking on the country of origin thing is childish, and to say he pasted incorrect info into the ad is just wrong. This is what most sites list as the country of origin. He did nothing wrong by copying the specs. Go check out sites like KBB or Edmonds, or wherever you prefer, and see that they list country of origin as Sweden, with some sites adding country of assembly as Japan. Regardless of all that, flagging that detail is simply just looking for something to pick on. It is not meant to be a constructive comment to help warn a potential buyer.

As far as your leaving a front bumper ruined comment, I don't see how you draw conclusions about how well he takes care of the car based on that. We don't know the details on his situation. Can he afford to fix it? Does he think it makes more sense to let somebody negotiate the price and fix it themselves? Who knows? I don't see how that reflects on how well he's taken care of the car. As far as having to spend 1k off the bat, how did you come up with the number, and how do you know he isn't willing to negotiate that into the price. I'll give you a hint, he is.

Where are the better specimens you speak of? Have you been shopping for one lately? I have, and I haven't come across any. I thought they were referred to as unicorns for a reason. I thought the sarcastic comments telling people "good luck" when they say they are looking to buy an 06 was because they are very tough to find. But if you know of them, why not share links for those that are still looking?

I have no issues with your other comments. Like you said, it's subjective. Look, I don't know the guy, I only spoke to him a few times. He seemed decent. Maybe he is a dick, maybe he's the nicest guy ever. Regardless, I don't see why people get kicks out of going into for sale threads for products they aren't interested in buying, and looking for something to rip on. I've read many comments on this forum in criticism of nasioc for exactly this reason.

Again, I shared because somebody might be interested. If you're interested, talk to the guy, look at the car, do whatever you need to do to get comfortable making a decision. Don't just go ripping up the owner for fun, it's not productive, and it doesn't make you look smart or cool. And when I say you, I am not referring to you specifically tlow98, just those who choose to partake in this sort of behavior. I don't actually find that you came off terribly, I just disagree with some of your points, and am frustrated in general at said behavior.

#11 2013-09-29 23:40:59

tlow98
Supporter
Supporter
User Number: 4765

I can understand your frustration in such behavior, but things are taken with a grain of salt around here, generally. Don't let it get to you. I did mean to mention thanks for bringing it to our attention, so thanks   up

My 1k comment comes from the fact that my bumper was messed up this summer in a similar but less severe fashion. A new one couldn't be sourced, so mine was repaired to the tune of ~$970.

Glad you found what you were Looking for, scope56. Lets see some pictures of her, throw your flame suit on, and we'll all get along just fine  smile

05 MT, cold, sport...black

#12 2013-09-30 20:10:25

SaabRX
2016 BCS FOZ XT
Supporter
User Number: 502

tlow98 wrote:

scope56 wrote:

Welcome to Saab92x.com   up biggrin

2002 WRB Bugeye  5MT Turbo
2005 Black Saabaru 5MT Turbo NEVER SHOULD OF SOLD IT! If I only knew ...
2014 DGM Forester XT  Premium
2016 BCS  Forester XT Premium

#13 2013-10-09 18:17:02

saab-on-the-cobb
A guy from Nantucket
User Number: 1135

Rip off. Even for an 06 manual. I agree. It looks like it was s*ittily cared for.  down

sotc

Voted most likely to disagree.

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.