saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2011-03-14 18:55:43

ska 92x
FoSTer Parent
From: Las Vegas
Registered: 2006-10-16
User Number: 1428
Posts: 6167

I want to buy a revolver.

I want to use my entire hand on the grip.

I want single/double action.

I want to fire a medium sized round with moderate stopping power.

I want a shorter barrel.

I want to spend $300 or less.

Capacity can be five or six rounds. No preference.


2006 9-2X Aero, Stage 2 (10/06 - 12/14)

2014 Focus ST, Procal (01/15 - Today)

Offline

 

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

Offline

 

#2 2011-03-14 20:20:09

MetalNeverDies
92x metal madness
Supporter
From: Oklahoma *sigh*
Registered: 2007-06-19
User Number: 2118
Posts: 1793

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

Love my s&w mod 686 revolver .357


FHI 20mm RSB - USDM STI Pink Springs - Tokico D-Spec - Powder Coated Wheels - Paranoid Fab Ground Kit - STI Exhaust  - STI 5mt trans mount - 15% tint - KB Sub-Frame Lock Kit - Paranoid Fab Cowl Stay - STI Eng mounts -

Offline

 

#3 2011-03-14 20:34:21

iota
si vis pacem, para bellum
Founder
From: Columbus, OH
Registered: 2005-05-09
User Number: 1
Posts: 10306
Website

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

aggie113 wrote:

300 or less, I would suggest a Smith and Wesson Sigma series but it's not both single/double action.  And by suggest I mean dear god don't buy those POS, spend a bit more for some quality!

Sigma is a semi-auto, not a revolver

Offline

 

#4 2011-03-14 20:55:16

Oodles-Of-Noodles
One Nut Down
Supporter
From: Centreville, VA
Registered: 2005-09-12
User Number: 796
Posts: 4322
Website

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

www.vaguntrader.com

I can arrange something with my FFL if you need.


2005 Deep Blue Mica saab 92x Aero 5-Speed Sports/Cold Package
Just enough Mods to keep driving pleasurable in NoVA. Prodrive/KYB drop. Ixiz. Stealthed Beltronics STi. 4 Horns of Loudness.
1993 AlpineWiess E30 BMW 325ic last year Vert - SOLD to buy house

Offline

 

#5 2011-03-14 21:10:09

LordZed
ImaChris
Supporter
From: Marietta, GA
Registered: 2011-01-24
User Number: 5169
Posts: 3168

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

Taurus modle 66 can be had for a good price. Nice S&W copy

Offline

 

#6 2011-03-14 22:50:13

Mrmulletmania
Supporter
Supporter
From: Orange, CA
Registered: 2009-11-18
User Number: 4095
Posts: 2240

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

The newer charter arms revolvers arent shit like their older products were. Maybe check them out


05 Aero MT|Arctic Silver|IxizHood|IxizSS V2|Cobb DP|PDE|Prodrive Oval|EPIC RSB|Cobb FSB|MOMO|Jazzy|GrimmSpeed|IxizSpedal|
"I think I accidentally defeated Bill Gates." -Someguy

Offline

 

#7 2011-03-15 01:20:26

ska 92x
FoSTer Parent
From: Las Vegas
Registered: 2006-10-16
User Number: 1428
Posts: 6167

Re: I want to buy a revolver.


2006 9-2X Aero, Stage 2 (10/06 - 12/14)

2014 Focus ST, Procal (01/15 - Today)

Offline

 

#8 2011-03-15 03:07:39

kap_x
21st Trisomic
Supporter
Registered: 2005-05-12
User Number: 19
Posts: 3875

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

Intended use of the weapon?

The price tag makes your specifications pretty difficult.
Also, double action and single action are two separate things. There's not really a double-action/single-action equivalent in revolvers.
I'm guessing you want a double-action revolver with exposed hammer?


Charter Arms has gone through a lot of different iterations. I don't have experience with the newest line, but reports seem to be a big mixed. They're "OK" at best, it seems. Expect the fit and finish to be lacking, and I've read some stuff about shitty bores and accuracy.
I'd stay away from Rossi (and cheaper than dirt), too. Horrible triggers, and a subpar gun overall.
You really get what you pay for.

If you're set on a revolver, I would look for a used S&W or Ruger first.

If you're not set on a revolver, I would buy a Vz. 82 Makarov.


OK hot gigglfarting a donut!

Offline

 

#9 2011-03-15 03:35:26

ska 92x
FoSTer Parent
From: Las Vegas
Registered: 2006-10-16
User Number: 1428
Posts: 6167

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

kap_x wrote:

Intended use of the weapon?

The price tag makes your specifications pretty difficult.
Also, double action and single action are two separate things. There's not really a double-action/single-action equivalent in revolvers.
I'm guessing you want a double-action revolver with exposed hammer?


Charter Arms has gone through a lot of different iterations. I don't have experience with the newest line, but reports seem to be a big mixed. They're "OK" at best, it seems. Expect the fit and finish to be lacking, and I've read some stuff about shitty bores and accuracy.
I'd stay away from Rossi (and cheaper than dirt), too. Horrible triggers, and a subpar gun overall.
You really get what you pay for.

If you're set on a revolver, I would look for a used S&W or Ruger first.

If you're not set on a revolver, I would buy a Vz. 82 Makarov.

Intended use of the weapon?

Bedside table home defense.

I'm guessing you want a double-action revolver with exposed hammer?

Yes. I am noob.

If you're set on a revolver, I would look for a used S&W or Ruger first.

Think I can get an S&W or Ruger at the Las Vegas Gun Show for $350?

If you're not set on a revolver, I would buy a Vz. 82 Makarov.

How difficult to acquire? I have read it is a remarkable SA for the price.


2006 9-2X Aero, Stage 2 (10/06 - 12/14)

2014 Focus ST, Procal (01/15 - Today)

Offline

 

#10 2011-03-22 07:49:01

ska 92x
FoSTer Parent
From: Las Vegas
Registered: 2006-10-16
User Number: 1428
Posts: 6167

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

Bump. Am I asking dumb questions?


2006 9-2X Aero, Stage 2 (10/06 - 12/14)

2014 Focus ST, Procal (01/15 - Today)

Offline

 

#11 2011-03-22 09:07:46

Pyromancy5
))<>(( Back and forth. Forever.
Supporter
From: Bexley, OH
Registered: 2009-02-23
User Number: 3538
Posts: 6017

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

LordZed wrote:

Taurus modle 66 can be had for a good price. Nice S&W copy

+10,000

I had one of these, adjustable sights, 7 shots .38spc/.357mag, 4" barrel  I paid 250 used.  probably cost more now though like all guns do.  These are SOLID guns and if the timing or action ever loosens up, Taurus will fix it for free, all you have to do is ship it to them.


2005 Linear, 5mt, Satin Gray Metallic, moonroof, ixizsclutch, ixizhood, FHI 21 mm rear sway bar, rear dif guard
2014 Nissan Leaf SL, Glacier White, Bose
1981 Yamaha SR500

Offline

 

#12 2011-03-22 11:28:56

LordZed
ImaChris
Supporter
From: Marietta, GA
Registered: 2011-01-24
User Number: 5169
Posts: 3168

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

Pony up for a Colt Python tongue

Offline

 

#13 2011-03-22 13:31:58

Oodles-Of-Noodles
One Nut Down
Supporter
From: Centreville, VA
Registered: 2005-09-12
User Number: 796
Posts: 4322
Website

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

I only want 3 revolvers

Mateba Autorevolver in .357 Sportiva
Phillip and Rogers Medusa
IzMesh MP-412


All of which are unobtainable due to price, production numbers and legality to import into the US.


2005 Deep Blue Mica saab 92x Aero 5-Speed Sports/Cold Package
Just enough Mods to keep driving pleasurable in NoVA. Prodrive/KYB drop. Ixiz. Stealthed Beltronics STi. 4 Horns of Loudness.
1993 AlpineWiess E30 BMW 325ic last year Vert - SOLD to buy house

Offline

 

#14 2011-03-22 17:00:28

Wagn762
Not so good in mud
Supporter
From: Grantham, PA
Registered: 2007-08-22
User Number: 2238
Posts: 2703

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

ska, sorry to miss this thread the first time around.......if you want something quality and decently cheap look to S&W.  from your description in the 1st post you are looking for a "K-Frame"
http://world.guns.ru/handguns/double-ac … ame-e.html

the S&W Hand Ejector  has been around in one variation or the other since the late 1890s.  Many Armies & police departments have used the S&W revolvers over the years making used models easy to come by ( while still sticking to your budget )   

LordZed wrote:

Pony up for a Colt Python tongue

arrow-up overkill for 99% of people who like revolvers.  Yes they are very nice, but you Pay out the Ass for them & in reality a S&W 686 with a trigger job will be almost as nice ( and probably half the cost)


Satin Gray 05 Aero: Cold/Premium Pkg's.  5MT  Production #2,605
PART OUT 05 Aero no PKGS 5MT ill have to ask what # it was

Offline

 

#15 2011-03-22 17:02:06

LordZed
ImaChris
Supporter
From: Marietta, GA
Registered: 2011-01-24
User Number: 5169
Posts: 3168

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

Yeah, he said his budget was in the $400....I see Pythons going for 800-1000. I just forgot my  star in that post

Offline

 

#16 2011-03-22 20:02:42

ska 92x
FoSTer Parent
From: Las Vegas
Registered: 2006-10-16
User Number: 1428
Posts: 6167

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

Wagn762 wrote:

ska, sorry to miss this thread the first time around.......if you want something quality and decently cheap look to S&W.  from your description in the 1st post you are looking for a "K-Frame"
http://world.guns.ru/handguns/double-ac … ame-e.html

the S&W Hand Ejector  has been around in one variation or the other since the late 1890s.  Many Armies & police departments have used the S&W revolvers over the years making used models easy to come by ( while still sticking to your budget )   

LordZed wrote:

Pony up for a Colt Python tongue

arrow-up overkill for 99% of people who like revolvers.  Yes they are very nice, but you Pay out the Ass for them & in reality a S&W 686 with a trigger job will be almost as nice ( and probably half the cost)

So I am looking for a used S&W K-Frame or Taurus Model 66. That helps narrow it down for me guys, thank you.

I don't want a semi but I will keep an eye out for a German or Czech Makarov (Chinese ok too or stay away?) after I purchase the revolver or if the deal is just too sick to pass up.


2006 9-2X Aero, Stage 2 (10/06 - 12/14)

2014 Focus ST, Procal (01/15 - Today)

Offline

 

#17 2011-03-27 03:43:03

ska 92x
FoSTer Parent
From: Las Vegas
Registered: 2006-10-16
User Number: 1428
Posts: 6167

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

Hey! Gun Shop around the corner from me has a used Taurus .327 Magnum -- $299

What do you think? I liked the weight, I can see myself buying it. Opinions?


2006 9-2X Aero, Stage 2 (10/06 - 12/14)

2014 Focus ST, Procal (01/15 - Today)

Offline

 

#18 2011-03-27 11:12:09

Pyromancy5
))<>(( Back and forth. Forever.
Supporter
From: Bexley, OH
Registered: 2009-02-23
User Number: 3538
Posts: 6017

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

Oodles-Of-Noodles wrote:

I only want 3 revolvers

Mateba Autorevolver in .357 Sportiva
Phillip and Rogers Medusa
IzMesh MP-412


All of which are unobtainable due to price, production numbers and legality to import into the US.

saying you want an mateba is like saying I want a Walther WA 2000. it makes me  banana to think about but it ain't ever gonna happen  sadbanana


2005 Linear, 5mt, Satin Gray Metallic, moonroof, ixizsclutch, ixizhood, FHI 21 mm rear sway bar, rear dif guard
2014 Nissan Leaf SL, Glacier White, Bose
1981 Yamaha SR500

Offline

 

#19 2011-03-28 09:23:14

ska 92x
FoSTer Parent
From: Las Vegas
Registered: 2006-10-16
User Number: 1428
Posts: 6167

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

ska 92x wrote:

Hey! Gun Shop around the corner from me has a used Taurus .327 Magnum -- $299

What do you think? I liked the weight, I can see myself buying it. Opinions?

I'm going to buy this.


2006 9-2X Aero, Stage 2 (10/06 - 12/14)

2014 Focus ST, Procal (01/15 - Today)

Offline

 

#20 2011-03-28 10:14:21

jtkeefe
Supporter
Supporter
From: Hereford AZ
Registered: 2006-12-04
User Number: 1648
Posts: 2425

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

Better off with .357, easier to find ammo. big_smile


Back on my medication.

Offline

 

#21 2011-03-28 14:50:26

Wagn762
Not so good in mud
Supporter
From: Grantham, PA
Registered: 2007-08-22
User Number: 2238
Posts: 2703

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

arrow-up agreed.  .327 is very new and ammo will be expensive. Remember you CAN shoot .38 special out of a .357 giving you value priced ammo for practice/plinking.


Satin Gray 05 Aero: Cold/Premium Pkg's.  5MT  Production #2,605
PART OUT 05 Aero no PKGS 5MT ill have to ask what # it was

Offline

 

#22 2011-03-28 16:03:17

kap_x
21st Trisomic
Supporter
Registered: 2005-05-12
User Number: 19
Posts: 3875

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

Was that a typo or is it really in .327 Federal Mag?
If it's in .327, skip it


OK hot gigglfarting a donut!

Offline

 

#23 2011-03-28 21:49:28

ska 92x
FoSTer Parent
From: Las Vegas
Registered: 2006-10-16
User Number: 1428
Posts: 6167

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

kap_x wrote:

Was that a typo or is it really in .327 Federal Mag?
If it's in .327, skip it

It wasn't that expensive and I believe it can also fire .32 Special and .32 H&R Magnums, right?


2006 9-2X Aero, Stage 2 (10/06 - 12/14)

2014 Focus ST, Procal (01/15 - Today)

Offline

 

#24 2011-03-28 21:51:24

Mrmulletmania
Supporter
Supporter
From: Orange, CA
Registered: 2009-11-18
User Number: 4095
Posts: 2240

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

Can the .327 shoot anything else?


05 Aero MT|Arctic Silver|IxizHood|IxizSS V2|Cobb DP|PDE|Prodrive Oval|EPIC RSB|Cobb FSB|MOMO|Jazzy|GrimmSpeed|IxizSpedal|
"I think I accidentally defeated Bill Gates." -Someguy

Offline

 

#25 2011-03-28 21:56:03

ska 92x
FoSTer Parent
From: Las Vegas
Registered: 2006-10-16
User Number: 1428
Posts: 6167

Re: I want to buy a revolver.

Mrmulletmania wrote:

Can the .327 shoot anything else?

ska 92x wrote:

kap_x wrote:

Was that a typo or is it really in .327 Federal Mag?
If it's in .327, skip it

It wasn't that expensive and I believe it can also fire .32 Special and .32 H&R Magnums, right?


2006 9-2X Aero, Stage 2 (10/06 - 12/14)

2014 Focus ST, Procal (01/15 - Today)

Offline

 

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.