saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2005-08-12 16:48:02

Lunasin92X
:banana:
Supporter
User Number: 255
Website

What if you catch someone in the act of dinging your car??

After reading about all the stories about guys coming back and seeing their car dinged, it got me wondering...

If you catch someone in the act of dinging your car, can you get their insurance to pay for it as long as you get a report and such?

I know it may seem like a stupid question but it got me wondering.....

--2005 9-2X Aero Black #6285 -- 4eAT / Premium / Sport / Cold Packages
   Mods: COBB AP v2 Stage 2 93 oct./ COBB Catted DP/ STi UP/ STi Axleback / IxizHood
--1998 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - White - Stock except for JDM taillights smile
--1992 Mazda Miata Classic Red -- 5 speed   Mods: Coilovers and some rust smile

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#2 2005-08-12 17:06:21

Suba-Saab
Former 92-X Linear Owner
Supporter
User Number: 381

Re: What if you catch someone in the act of dinging your car??

Catch someone in the act? 

http://www.frostjedi.com/phpbb/images/smiles/AGNRYFAICBANANA.gif then http://www.frostjedi.com/phpbb/images/smiles/icon_evil.gif = http://www.frostjedi.com/phpbb/images/smiles/ninja1.gif

Honestly, I'd kindly ask them what the hell they are thinking.  All dings are bad...but if it were a real bad door ding I'd give them the choice of either forking up $150 for PDR or calling insurance.  If the ding were on a panel that PDR couldn't fix, then I would ask for their insurance info.

If the offender became belligerant, then call the local PD to get a report.

I got a bad temper that I try my best to control.  I should say that I hope that's what I would do...I don't have a good history with stuff like this...

One time, I came out of a mall to find that some woman had put her shopping bags on the roof of my three day old Eclipse.  She was fishing in her purse, completely oblivious to the world around her.  There was plenty of room between her car and my car, and she could have just put the bags down on the ground.  I asked her to remove her bags.  She ignored me.  I asked her agian, she told me "Just a second." and didn't even look up.  I picked the bags up off my roof and slung them up in the air, onto her hood.  The Crate & Barrel box made the loudest thud.

Last edited by Suba-Saab (2005-08-12 17:15:41)

2009 Honda CBR600RR
2008 Nissan Altima SE V6
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

#3 2005-08-12 17:08:40

ikkue
I the King of Fart Can!
Supporter
User Number: 501
Website

I will offer the guy some beer, invite him into my car....

and call the cops and tell them that you found someone DWI!lollol

2005 Satin Gray AERO MT
Cobb AccessPort Stage 2/HKS Hi-Power Exhaust/Helix Catted Downpipe/Subaru Sti Uppipe/Cobb Turbo Heatshield /17" BBS RK /Pioneer AVIC D1 / Sylvania SilverStar H1/DupliColor Caliper Paint/35-20 Ceremic Tints/Cobra Radar Detector/DRL Disabled Mod/Silencer Delete Mod/Custom 2.0T Badge/OEM Rear Cupholder/Michigan License Plates (GO BLUE!)/IXIZShift II

#4 2005-08-12 17:25:13

Anand
The Dude Abides
User Number: 113

The last person that dinged my door was some chick named Natalee Holloway and you all know what happened to her.

2005 Arctic Silver 9-2x Aero 5-Speed w/ Sport Package

#5 2005-08-12 17:46:21

tonka92x
Supporter
Supporter
User Number: 17

Anand wrote:

The last person that dinged my door was some chick named Natalee Holloway and you all know what happened to her.

madmadmadmad NOT FUNNY madmadmadmad NOT EVEN CLOSE madmadmadmad

I certainly hope you never have to experience what the family does when someone they love and care about goes missing.  I lost a high school friend shortly after graduation.  He was missing 12 days before someone found his beheaded body in the woods next to his motorcycle.  It took another 2 days to find his head, still strapped in his helmet.  He had clipped a road sign that had been partial knocked down.  I don't think his mother ever recovered from it.  I know his dad didn't (and that was the second tragedy in this accident.)

#6 2005-08-12 17:53:12

Oolon Coluphid
2005 9-2x Aero MT Black
User Number: 284

Lunasin92X wrote:

After reading about all the stories about guys coming back and seeing their car dinged, it got me wondering...

If you catch someone in the act of dinging your car, can you get their insurance to pay for it as long as you get a report and such?

I know it may seem like a stupid question but it got me wondering.....

Treat it like a traffic accident. Ask for their insurance card.

2005 saab 92x Aero - Black - MT

#7 2005-08-12 19:01:56

coalburner400
Supporter
Supporter
User Number: 626

I'd stab the person with my key in the neck repeatedly...  While they are kicking and screaming, I'd cut them stem to stern, then pull the person's spleen out and take a "Victory Bite" right in front of them (Dances With Wolves Style).

Then I'd strap their corpse high up on the cart return so that all other ignorant geeyagoffs know what happens to door dingers, and people who are too lazy to return their damn carts!!!!

BTW... It's killing me to write this chit with a little baby staring back at me (Oolon Coluphid )  I hope you're not letting your child watch this post smile

*** This post was edited to keep from offending tonka ***  Had some worse stuff in there which would have looked like I had put it there to offend.  Sorry Tonka

Last edited by coalburner400 (2005-08-12 19:07:40)

92x Aero Satin Gray Metallic  | Sport | Cold
68 Firebird 400
01 Cummins powered Ram - rolled, RIP sad
08 Cummins powered Ram

#8 2005-08-12 19:04:06

coalburner400
Supporter
Supporter

tonka92x wrote:

Anand wrote:

madmadmadmad NOT FUNNY madmadmadmad NOT EVEN CLOSE madmadmadmad

I certainly hope you never have to experience what the family does when someone they love and care about goes missing.  I lost a high school friend shortly after graduation.  He was missing 12 days before someone found his beheaded body in the woods next to his motorcycle.  It took another 2 days to find his head, still strapped in his helmet.  He had clipped a road sign that had been partial knocked down.  I don't think his mother ever recovered from it.  I know his dad didn't (and that was the second tragedy in this accident.)

Sorry you've experienced that... I think the dude was talking about a "door dinger".

68 Firebird 400
08 Cummins powered Ram

#9 2005-08-12 19:30:29

tonka92x
Supporter
Supporter
User Number: 17

coalburner400 wrote:

I think the dude was talking about a "door dinger".

Do you know who Natalee Holloway is?  Then maybe you would understand why I wrote what I did.  It had nothing to do with a "door dinger."

#10 2005-08-12 19:44:30

Oolon Coluphid
2005 9-2x Aero MT Black
User Number: 284

coalburner400 wrote:

BTW... It's killing me to write this chit with a little baby staring back at me (Oolon Coluphid )  I hope you're not letting your child watch this post smile

I think he approves of your punishment for door dingers. Can't you tell?

2005 saab 92x Aero - Black - MT

#11 2005-08-13 00:55:17

hrlydavison
User Number: 604

Very poor taste this and all relevant posts should be removed by Administrator

Mica Blue Linear-5 spd, premium and cold(didnt want the roof or the turbo)wifes primary commute car.(Sold because to small for a family of four- but I will always lurk here...rubs hands in a sinister evil way in a high pitched kackle)

#12 2005-08-13 00:58:43

illzguju
I hate iamchris! </3
Supporter
User Number: 217

I carry a baseball bat in the back of my car for a very specific reason...

#13 2005-08-13 01:08:15

Anand
The Dude Abides
User Number: 113

Wow, alot of people here have some thin skin roll  Get over it.

2005 Arctic Silver 9-2x Aero 5-Speed w/ Sport Package

#14 2005-08-13 11:53:56

coalburner400
Supporter
Supporter

tonka92x wrote:

coalburner400 wrote:

I think the dude was talking about a "door dinger".

Do you know who Natalee Holloway is?  Then maybe you would understand why I wrote what I did.  It had nothing to do with a "door dinger."

I do know who she is, and you took the dude's comment out of context.  I'll agree that its not the classiest comment that could have been made by any means...  My point is that the subject is door dinger, not missing/murdered children.
We all say stuff that pisses other people off now and then.  Just be cool guy... your point was made and most any human agrees that the situation with Natalee is tragic!! 

I come here to be leisure, not to be politically correct.  Our whole lives as Americans is strained with PC this an PC that...

If it will make anyone feel better, I'll applogise for Anand.  "Sorry" on behalf of Anand.  For distasteful humor.  I might as well come clean my self for bad comments.  Sorry in advance if you stumble upon them as you enjoy the forum.

Now back to the original toppic at hand.

What would you do to a door dinger Tonka?  I know you've got something to say, 'cause I've been to Mini... and you guys have just as many door ding'n  a-holes as we do down here.

68 Firebird 400
08 Cummins powered Ram

#15 2005-08-13 12:37:01

odog
Cable centric vendor biased
User Number: 166

Suba-Saab wrote:

One time, I came out of a mall to find that some woman had put her shopping bags on the roof of my three day old Eclipse.  She was fishing in her purse, completely oblivious to the world around her.  There was plenty of room between her car and my car, and she could have just put the bags down on the ground.  I asked her to remove her bags.  She ignored me.  I asked her agian, she told me "Just a second." and didn't even look up.  I picked the bags up off my roof and slung them up in the air, onto her hood.  The Crate & Barrel box made the loudest thud.

I would actively look forward to the above situation happening... hopefully they would have some sort of expensive glass thing in the bag.. that would of course break, without damaging their car in any way.

I would first ask them to cover the cost of the door ding... if they balked or gave me any heat... break out the cell and call the cops.   Then stand in front of their car until the fuzz showed up.

2008 WRX Sedan Dark Grey Metallic w/premium package.

#16 2005-08-13 15:46:31

eurospeed
Will race for food.
Supporter
User Number: 29

I'd be a bit more than pissed.  I'd approach the person and ask them to cover any damages.  If they become difficult to deal with, then it's time to bring the police into it.  In a case like that I'm sure I would feel great putting my foot into their door as revenge, but who knows how it would escalate from there.

EUROSPEED EUROSPEED EUROSPEED
saab 92x AERO ..:::::::.. driving banana

#17 2005-08-13 16:12:55

coalburner400
Supporter
Supporter

I don't know how Suba-Saab did not Suba-Smack that lady up side the head.  People amaze me now days... Have people always been so ignorant?

68 Firebird 400
08 Cummins powered Ram

#18 2005-08-14 00:08:21

SatinSAABARUda92x
User Number: 702

yo if some1 dinged my SAABARU, I gonna cut da hand dat dinged it, next time cut da leg...like the communist China taught deir peepz....word! banana

Last edited by SatinSAABARUda92x (2005-08-14 00:10:02)

#19 2005-08-14 00:24:12

Towson92x
User Number: 471

If you catch someone in the act of dinging your car,

You know why they call it "The Club" don't 'ya?

BTW, if someone left their packages on my car, I would have simply accepted them as a gift.  You asked the person to remove them and they wouldn't.  Therefore, they must have been a gift, right?  Surely you'll have to attend a wedding for a couple you couldn't really give a s&!^ about in the first place.  They might like what they're getting.  Sort of like the cheese board from a cousin at Christmas becomes the gift for the coworker the following year.

#20 2005-08-14 00:32:06

Suba-Saab
Former 92-X Linear Owner
Supporter
User Number: 381

Towson92x wrote:

Surely you'll have to attend a wedding for a couple you couldn't really give a s&!^ about in the first place.  They might like what they're getting.  Sort of like the cheese board from a cousin at Christmas becomes the gift for the coworker the following year.

Yes.  I forgot about the classic art of re-gifting. embeer

2009 Honda CBR600RR
2008 Nissan Altima SE V6
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

#21 2005-08-14 15:29:54

Snaab9-2
Your Arms Off
User Number: 283

Anand wrote:

That sums it up.

05 Red SAAB 9-2 Aero 5 Speed: AP Stage 2 93 - FHI 20mm Rear Sway Bar - Stromung Shorty DP - STI UP - STI Axle Back

#22 2005-08-15 01:00:19

hrlydavison
User Number: 604

Wow a lot of people here have some shit for brains roll Get over it.

Mica Blue Linear-5 spd, premium and cold(didnt want the roof or the turbo)wifes primary commute car.(Sold because to small for a family of four- but I will always lurk here...rubs hands in a sinister evil way in a high pitched kackle)

#23 2005-08-15 10:06:52

Chad W
Supporter
Supporter
User Number: 104

Some people find the inappropriate hilarious, others don't.  There is no need to get sanctimonious, humor is one of the ways humans cope with tragedy.

2013 DGM OBP  6spd
Enkei | Falken | Azenis | Tsudo | Polk | Pioneer

#24 2005-08-15 10:57:41

argylesocks
No.13 Baby
User Number: 182

Chad W wrote:

Some people find the inappropriate hilarious, others don't.  There is no need to get sanctimonious, humor is one of the ways humans cope with tragedy.

i find the word "sanctimonious" hilarious.

#25 2005-08-15 11:06:16

greatpacha1
User Number: 666

i would get there insurance...and if they dont have any..i would use my car to block there car from leaving and call the cops.92x

Black Linear stock,5mt.......WOOOOH who thats Pimp in that Shag Wagon tongue

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.